Friday, October 16, 2015

Maxx Fragg - Snippet #7 Kitchen Apparition


Welcome back to another Science Fiction Fantasy Saturday - a place where fans of their respective genres can stop by and get a quick fix of some quality writing by some fine authors. Oh yeah, I post on here too sometimes. This week, I’m still posting from my new novel, Maxx Fragg, V.P.I.  Maxx and Tane just came face to face with the spectral intruder in Travis and Debbie’s apartment and they’re in full ghost-hunting mode – kinda. In case you missed any of the previous posts, I put links to each of them at the bottom of the page. I hope you enjoy. Make sure you stop over at the main site SciFiFanSat and read all of the great contributions this week.
_________________________________________________________________

“Get ready,” Maxx said as he dropped to one knee and took aim.
Tane mimicked his friend’s lead and answered, “Eady and rable.”
Maxx sneered as he fired. A stream of blue energy spewed from the nozzle, splattering against the wall next to the ghost. Tane fired the same pressurized current and watched as it exploded against the ceiling. The rampaging wraith darted between the beams and soared over the terrified couple, disappearing through a door leading into the kitchen.  
Maxx raised a finger to his lips.  
He pushed Tane towards the door. Cabinets slammed and an alarm chimed as something exploded. Smoke billowed out into the living room and Maxx swore he smelled burned popcorn. The ghost shrieked as something white poured from beneath the door, soaking the carpet. 
“This is bad, folks,” Maxx said. “It’s hungry, and I don’t think it’s looking for a pot pie.” He nudged Tane’s shoulder. “What are you waiting for? Get in there.”

Tane ain’t afraid of no ghost. It only gets worse from here. Wait until they break out…the condiments. I hoped you like it.  If you did, leave me a comment on the way out. I’m doing a book giveaway for Maxx Fragg over at Goodreads – stop over on my author’s page and check it out - Goodreads / SACheck.  If you like what you’ve been reading, pick up a copy of the book by clicking here - Amazon / S.A.Check.  Have a great weekend and see you in seven!

 







 

12 comments:

  1. Something tells me the only cooking we can expect in that kitchen is going to be fried ghost! This is good - I'm enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Peter. Sorry for the late responses. Been a busy week. Fried ghost? What kind of dipping sauce goes with that?

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I'm building up to the pot pie. I'm trying to build suspense.

      Delete
  3. I can almost smell the burnt popcorn (a true tragedy). I wouldn't want to have to clean up after this ghost ^^;;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now there's a novel idea - what about the poor smuck who's stuck with the clean up duties after all fun? No glory, just goo.

      Delete
  4. Hopefully their house ends up in better shape than the hotel's grand ballroom in Ghostbusters...just saying. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's only two of them, so they should only be able to accomplish half the damage.

      Delete
  5. Not the condiments! I ain't cleaning up after no ghost. Wait, that sounds familiar... :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you channel your inner Ray Parker Jr? Now, we not only have a whole new idea thanks to Megan but theme music to boot ala Pippa? The sequel is practically writing itself.

      Delete
  6. Ugh! I hate the smell of burnt popcorn. That ghost has to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There really is a tragic quality to it isn't there, Patrick. For sooth, the wasted buttery goodness.

      Delete